Who we are
- Our website address is: https://backinpack.com
- We do not utilise any website trackers for monitoring your activity – only basic web analytics (page visits) are stored for improving our website content.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- We do NOT share your details with any third parties for marketing purposes. However we may store your data on 3rd party websites or services to support the functions of this site.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- If you send a message via the contact form, your email address, IP address and browser characteristics will be stored.
- If you send a message or sign-up for our newsletter then your name and email address will be stored on our 3rd party mailing solution.
- If you submit a helpdesk request, then your email address, IP address and message details will be stored to allow us to communicate with yourself to resolve your issue.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a message, Helpdesk request or comment, then the message, comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can reply to you and for comments, to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
- All comments, messages, helpdesk requests and sign-up details are be checked through Google’s automated spam detection service: reCaptcha